Labels


Dangerous Beauty : LeAventure

Lea Hernandez makes a blog just in case LiveJournal really bites it.

22:52

Violette, the first rat I got after the fire, has died. I got her just hours after seeing RATATOUILLE. I cried so hard for the last fifteen minute of RAT, and part of it was because I missed my ratties so much.

This was playing on my iPod just as I started this post, and it's perfect:

On Saturday Mornings in 1963 Rickie Lee Jones

The most as you'll ever go
Is back where you used to know
If grown-ups could laugh this slow
Where as you watch the hour snow
Years may go by

So hold on to your special friend
Here, you'll need something to keep her in :
"Now you stay inside this foolish grin ... "
Though any day your secrets end
Then again
Years may go by

You saved your own special friend
'Cuz here you need something to hide her in
And you stay inside that foolish grin
When everyday now secrets end
Oh and then again
Years may go by

5 comments:

Laura said...

So sorry to hear about your rat, Lea, I remember reading about when you first got her and how excited you were about her. Thinking of you, and her, today.

Lois2037 said...

I'm sorry... Rats are wonderful intelligent companions, and so short-lived. May she journey well...

DivaLea said...

Thanks, Laura and Lois.

Anonymous said...

Oh, so sorry to hear about Violette. Many many years ago I had a pet rat, too. They're such fun. This is a loss.

ndgmtlcd said...

Yes, losing a little animal like that can sometimes be worse than losing a big one. Rats have complex personalities, like cats, but at the same time they always pay attention to you, they're always curious about what you're doing. They can't be indifferent. They love you just as much as dogs love you. When you come in they want to lick you to ask you where you've been. But unlike dogs, rats have these tiny fingers on their little paws. They clutch your own fingers tightly, as if they were tiny little humans grabbing at you, holding you. They mirror humans so much that their life short spans are all the more painful.

I wish they could live longer, so that their passing would not be as frequent.

Post a Comment