Labels


Dangerous Beauty : LeAventure

Lea Hernandez makes a blog just in case LiveJournal really bites it.

19:44

Howdy from Blogspot Lea!

I've moved back here from LJ, posting for the first time in about seven years. I re-read what I posted here. Some things I've changed my mind about, others I'd forgotten (like falling out of a tree). I'm so glad I wrote about the day I fell four times (the tree was part of that day). Still other posts are just as timely now as they were then.

Posting here will require a Google account. I won't even apologize for this, or blame anonymous cowards. I don't have time to mod all comments and anon posting has always led to shit and abuse.

For the scoop on why I have set up a second blog, read about how LiveJournal in San Francisco had 20 of 28 employees turfed without severance.

I've been through any number of online service and dot-com meltdowns. I know what it poor health in a company looks like, and the first blood in the water is huge cuts in staff.

I think it's wise to set up shop elsewhere (and here I am), and back up my LJ (which I did).
I used ljArchive, an open-source program. Took less than 10 minutes to completely archive eight years of LJ, including comments.
Supposedly, it is platform-independent. I am not a Mac user, so someone who is who finds ljArchive works (or not), please comment.

Now, if someone knows how to stampede one's LJ archive to Blogger, that'd be fab.

0 comments:

Post a Comment