Labels


Dangerous Beauty : LeAventure

Lea Hernandez makes a blog just in case LiveJournal really bites it.

01:58

Good grief! I know I had something to say since March 29th!

My sorta boss Toren Smith has started his own blog: http://sproteus.blogspot.com
He says it's for his own good, and he's right. He's a cranky bastard.
Go read and get your head wrapped in a new way.

BRAND NEW NEAR-LIFE EXPERIENCE up at ModernTales.com! (Choose "Near-Life Experience" from the pull down menu at upper right)" or click this word:Wessel. A musing on leaving oneself behind, set to the tune of Fastball's "The Way" (sorta) and Bobby Toup's "Route 66" (sorta).

Tonight's dinner was black beans and rice with andouile sausage. Andouile (ann-doo-ee) is really, really yummy.

STILL working on KP #2, will be done in 6 days!

Then on to #3!

A shitload of my friends got nominated for Eisner Awards. The Eisner is comic's "Oscar". I contributed to two things that were nominated: "What's Michael" (nominee, best writer/artist: Humor for creator Kobayashi) and the Oni Summer Color Special (Best Single Issue). WM is re-written for Super Manga Blast--from rough translations by Dana Lewis--by Toren Smith and myself. It was SMB translations that were nominated. And in the Oni special was a one-page Killer Princesses story.

My friend Carla Speed McNeil got FOUR noms (WOOT!) for FINDER and her accomplishments as an artiste.
It is better than excellent to see it's not this still this secret that feels like passing around a joint.

"Psst.Finder. Take a hit."
"
"What?"

"Finder. I'm telling you."

"Uh. Okay."

:inhales:

:pot smokers growl: "Oh, waaaaaoooooow. Lookit th' crossss-hatching. Duuuuuude.":pot smokers growl:


I continue to be moderately okay at Dance Dance Revolution, but I like it anyway.

Back to work. Must finish more KP before dressing for and dashing to church.


0 comments:

Post a Comment