Labels


Dangerous Beauty : LeAventure

Lea Hernandez makes a blog just in case LiveJournal really bites it.

22:14

OY!
Haven't buh-logged in a while, but my life kept turning.
My older kid is an A Honor Roll student. No, I'm not getting one of those stickers and putting it on the car. But, HELL YEAH I'm proud!
This kid, she's an exciteable kid, but when she pulled the white and gold ribbon from her report card folder, my reaction led her to beg me to stop.

Heh.

Used some birthday money to buy myself a memebership to Audible.com, an online audio books site. 12 bucks gets me one audio book and four This American Life shows every month, and a Audible Advisor player for my Visor. Sweeeeet. I got an extra book free when I joined. So, I've listened to the "Procrastinator's Handbook" and "The Nanny Diaries".
Both were awesome. TND has really stuck with me though. It is a work of fiction based on the real-life expoeriences of the two authors, and it is hilarious and excruciating. It doesn't make you like rich bored people with accessory children. It makes you pity the hellishly empty lives some of them have.
Best line: "Little yellow Teletubbie, big purple asshole."
It is read by Julia Roberts, and as the voice of the narrator, she puts a lot of Erin Brockovich in it. (I liked that movie, so this is a good thing to me.)
You MUST read or listen to this book.


0 comments:

Post a Comment